Monday 11 April 2011

Shine

my bones ache
where you once stood
in my hand is a letter
worn with tears
for years gone by

old friend smiles
across the silent tear
replays our song
we once belonged
to the stars

love
i cried my heart to this quiet hate
memories swirl
billowing white ghostlike carousel
i set myself high

watching you walk across the field of gold
blue bursting from your eyes
i am yours
you belong to me
i belong to you

somewhere this place still exists
somewhere i am still that girl
smiling
in all my glory
for your outstretched hand

tilting my head from the sun
stroking the hair from my eyes
holding the palm of my hand against your face
always
always
smiling

somewhere you are standing
your back against a tree
casually
nervously
patiently
waiting
for life

meet me in the sunlight
i will wear poppies in my hair
i will shine
there
always

2 comments:

  1. This is the song i sing to myself, this is a love letter to myself, the lost parts, the retrieved parts that are waiting to be healed - in honour of myself with utter love and devotion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one... makes my heart glow. We all have that lost place just waiting to be found... Thank you for sharing this. x

    ReplyDelete