Friday 30 September 2011

Trapeze

My sadness quakes upon the shore of being
these perforated edges
torn 
piece by piece
worn
from wearing smiles
and running from death

Lessons circulate above my head
teaching first the rudiments of a day
the A, B, C
of me
this is were I'm at

heavy bludgeons make their blow
as lead weights
they hold me in a state of fear
which defines my speech
defines my walk
defines my heart
in longing

i am performing now
the high trapeze
somersaulting into a perfect pirouette 
of guilt

The child inside of me
is quaking too
for she knows sorrow long and true
she has worn all of its guises

from time
to time
she smiles
then forgets again
her truth

Where my heart roams free is guarded by these thorny spires
the silent retreat lies hidden from view
hidden from its own reflection

I lay down my head upon the seat of love
to guide me to the river
i call truth

lead me down
lay me softly
tread here lightly
i am as brittle as a cuttlefish bone

as a shard of light
retracts
into the spaces in between
i sleep away
the pain with a bow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment