Friday 3 February 2012

Spiked

He came upon me
silently
underneath the overgrowth
thicket and thorn
underneath the well worn shoots
of sorrow

i was born

lost in the silent womb of knowing
left of the field where the poppies grow
soldered together from candy tipped shards
of saline and dough

there beneath the whimsical treats
foraging around in the salvaged deep
I belong to the worm holes
and the deeper truths

that parade in their underwear
bearing their souls
to the first tips of the winter flow

the satellite show
the meteoric rise 
the ebb and the flow
the full on surprise

the game of chance
the dices are set
on a spin
for a quest
from the deep dark chasms of regret

blushing I came
into the dream of the day
blushing and seeping out glue
from the mended fragments of a once born heart

lover of yesterday 
grim illusory spiked through
the piece of me that bleeds dew

love lays wanting
on the edge of reason
carved by my own fair hand 
towards the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment