Thursday 24 February 2011

hollow bones

my bones were made hollow at birth
so that love could be blown through them
so that it could flow
move mountains with a soft whisper

my heart was made tender and plyable
so as to hear the words and hearts of others
seeing
listening ears to the ground

my song was made as a light
to shine on dark places
blessed spectacular bursts of beauty
explosions of colour and depth

my hands were made for touch
to sooth
away doubt
take broken wings
and bruised knees
the warm cupped palms
to chase away fear

my laughter was made by the moon
high jinxed and potent
fuelled with lunacy
warmed breath
takes smiles
as they form in the swell of my breast
and roars

my strength was made in adversity
bloody flesh wounds
the harrowing cry
the lonely walk
teachers of great sorrow
grant me knowledge

my wisdom was made of an age
not yet fully understood
the ripening stage is afoot
i am made wide with the knowing
and unknowing

Earth, love, gratitude, grace, beauty, light and above all sky

No comments:

Post a Comment