Saturday 26 February 2011

Monster

yanking awkwardly at my heel
a snag
a nagging pulse 
the dry memory of a folded year

cautiously i anticipate silence
as i unfold into the dream 
walking 
talking
lost with no name

hiding
i close down receptors
shut out light
dissolve into darkness

adrenaline courses through my veins
my heart is flung from its cage
and into my mouth
to scared to speak

the monster is within
it knows where to find my secrets
it devours everything it can
in hungry pursuit to be fed

every dimension of me is torn 
ripped 
ravaged
running towards 
some silent shore
scattered earth
beneath my feet

now i am born wise
piece by piece i am retrieved
soldered 
healed
soothed by advancing years
a deep rooted wisdom that holds my fractured heart 
with tenderness
respect

speaking truth
owning fear
the parts of that unfolded dream
return
and i welcome each one home


No comments:

Post a Comment