Friday 25 March 2011

Suitcase full of writing from 1989 to 2000

After sifting through an old suitcase of old poems and writings dating back to when i was 16 years old, i found these lost treasures.

I had written them without really knowing what it is i was writing, i just let it flow out. Now twenty years down the line, it has all slotted into place and makes sense, some of it makes me shudder with recognition.  After my vision quest last year, my life's purpose became more apparent, thus these writings make sense now and i know that spirit has been guiding me all these years. 

1990 -
A notion demonstrates
practices, practices its lessons inside of me

I drank the vultures blood
as it wept from its feathered wounds
It was as bitter and cruel
as the starkness of the moor

Tossed upon the jaws of the rocks
cliffs that mangle hopeful dreamers
wreckage shorn upon their sharp incisors 

Protruding limbs forgo an amputation of spirit
i become a solid particle of clay
a moss eaten mound

Rest i say
listen to my own voice
i belong to this world
i know all there is
reach out into the lightness of acknowledgment grown
take the heart from the animal


1990 -
A slow boat sails downwards
on the streets of sorrow

On the banks of Babylon grows a murmuring
a gathering
failure childes in faces of hope
seeking to inflict mockery

I see you here
alongside us
a fellow awakened too

you are the golden bloom


1990 -
An angel watcheth over me
as if i am to receive soldered wings of shiny stallions
and one day i would find an obtrusive answer
to the lords great quarrels
and speak in an even tone for the gentiles
to follow




No comments:

Post a Comment