Thursday 29 March 2012

sticky love

caught up
in this sticky web
that binds
us together

my hands and feet are bound
and no matter how much i bellow
from the depth of my lungs
nobody comes

and as i wrap and wrap and wrap myself in frantic panic
to escape

the sticky web wraps me tighter
emeshes me in its grip 
and i am powerless

so i say to you my love
lets stop
lets stop now
and speak the truth

maybe it is me that needs to stop
maybe you are speaking your truth

so i say to me 
i need to stop
i need to speak my truth
and my truth is
i am scared

i have invested
my love into your hands
and that can only play one way

so i say to myself now
step out
look in
see this for what it really is

it is love
of course it is love
but not the crazy sticky kinda of love
but the sweet beautiful succulent kind of love
that only grows with letting go

so i say to you my love
let me go
so i can let you go
and therefore we can be
love

please no more pulling
let us be true
for i love you
i truly do

No comments:

Post a Comment